Linksys Extender Setup
Linksys Extender Setup is a process to connect the range extender to your existing WiFi to enhance the WiFi range coverage area to your workplace. The motive of installing the Linksys WiFi extender is to increase the range of WiFi signals throughout the entire house or at least to your bedroom or your workplace.
It is a WiFi signal repeater that amplifies your WiFi router signals and creates a strong area network in its range. But first, you need to set it up properly to enjoy its benefits. There are two methods to set up the Linksys Extender – Manual and WPS method. We will discuss both ways, but here are some essential things to keep in mind before beginning the Linksys extender setup.
- It is necessary that your linksys extender setup must be turn on.
- Note down the existing router’s SSID, Security key and wireless channel.
- You must have a dependable internet connection.
The extender works to amplify the router’s signal, So it will effectively provide that router itself does not raise any doubts or reservations. Therefore, the Linksys WiFi extender is a small device that allows you to increase the range of a wireless network by several dozen percent. This is done without connecting additional wiring to the router and modem.
Perform Linksys Extender Setup
Looking for some quick methods for about how to setup Linksys extender, then you are on the right web page. Linksys extender setup – the web-based setup page is specially designed to strengthen the existing router’s weak wireless signals. These network devices receive the weak wireless signals from your home WiFi router and then retransmit them in boosted form. In this manner, you can cover almost every corner of your home or workplace with reliable signal strength. If you have bought a new Linksys range extender and want to know about WiFi extender setup, then you are at the right place.
Here we will guide you with everything you would like to know about the Linksys range extender setup. We have highly-skilled experts eager to help you with any issues you might face while performing the Linksys extender login and setup process. Either you want to perform Linksys extender login, or reset process – we have fixed to almost every issue you might be facing while performing setup via extender Linksys setup.
You can count on us. We have to troubleshoot hundreds of Linksys range extender. Contact us to know about how to setup Linksys extender and solve your Linksys WiFi range extender setup problems in no time. You sit on the rocking chair and let our experts do all the hard work to fix your extender device.
Access your Linksys WiFi Extender after Setup
Once you are done setting up your WiFi extender along with the firmware updation, you can access your range extender with these easy steps mentioned below:
- First, open your PC or Laptop and connect it to your WiFi connection coming from your Linksys WiFi extender. (You can either link it wirelessly or using an Ethernet cable.)
- Now open a web browser on your device and clear all the cache memory and cookies.
- After that, visit Linksys extender web-based setup page extender.linksys.com and log in using the username and password assigned to you.
- That’s it, and you can make any setting according to your preferences in the linksys extender setup network.
Connect Your Linksys Range Extender Setup to Router
The very first step for the Linksys extender setup is to log into its web-based setup interface. Here are the steps that you need to know about how to connect Linksys extender:
Note: The following steps are for brand-new or factory restored WiFi range extenders. In case if you have already configured your Linksys extender, move to the next section.
- Plug-in your Linksys extender to an electric power supply. Wait until the power LED turns solid green.
- Use an Ethernet cable to connect your Linksys extender to your home WiFi router. Make sure there are no cuts on the Ethernet cable.
- Connect your computer or laptop to your local wireless network and run any web browser.
- Type extender.linksys.com web page. Hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- You land on the web-based Linksys extender admin panel page.
- Enter the default Linksys extender login credentials.
- Hit the ‘Log In’ button.
How to Perform Linksys Extender Setup on Windows or MAC?
If you cannot access the Linksys web-based setup page or Failed to access the extender.linksys.com web page? It means your device’s Operating System does not allow you to visit and access the extender.linksys.com setup page. We have mentioned some essential steps required to access the web-based setup page on different OS systems to solve this problem.
So, if you are looking about how to setup Linksys WiFi extender on Windows or MAC, then follow the below-mentioned steps:
Note: The following instructions are per your desktop or laptop operating system. So, read carefully before proceeding further for the WiFi extender setup process.
For Windows 10 Operating Systems
- If you are a Windows 10 user, you need to click on the “Start” button or “Windows” button and visit the file explorer.
- You will see the “Network” option in the left menu panel. Click on it.
- Under the Network option, you will have to right-click on the “Extender” option.
- A drop-down list will be open, and you have to click on the “view device web page” option.
- Now enter the required credentials (Username and Password assigned to you) and click on Log In.
- Now your web browser will be able to access the Linksys web-based setup page.
For Windows 8 /8.1 Operating Systems
Windows 8 and 8.1 users are obliged to access the Linksys setup page through the IP address of the Linksys extender. Here are the steps to know the IP address of your extender.
- First, tap “Windows logo key + C” together to open the charms bar and then click on the Search option (magnifying glass symbol).
- In the search box, just type “Network” and search.
- You will see the “Network” option in the results. Click on it.
- Under the Network option, you will have to right-click on the “Extender” option.
- A drop-down list will be open, and you have to click on the “properties” option.
- Therefore, you will be able to see the IP address of the extender, and you have to note it down or copy it to the clipboard.
- Now visit a web browser and type the IP address or paste it to the address bar and press enter.
- You’re done here, and http://entender.linksys.com/ will be opened in your Windows 8 or 8.1 OS device.
For MAC OS
- You have to open your Safari browser and then need to open the Bookmarks tab.
- A drop-down list will be open, and you have to double-tap on the “Bonjour” option.
- Now enter the required credentials (Username and Password assigned to you) and click on Log In. The default credentials are ‘admin’ and ‘password’ as username and password, respectively.
- That’s it, and you will be redirected to the http://entender.linksys.com/ in your MacOS device.
Most Common Problems During Setup Linksys Extender
- Unable to install Linksys wireless modems
- Can’t change wireless settings
- Issues with WiFi network
- Firewall connection issues
- The router is not connecting to the ISP or the internet.
- Not able to reset Linksys extender
- Problems while updating drivers on Linksys router
- Linksys default password is incorrect.
- The printer doesn’t connect to the network through the router.
- Cannot connect multiple devices to the same router
- Broken DNS relay functions
- Not able to log in to the extender
- Issues while setting up a cloud account
- Compatibility problems of the router with iOS platforms
How to Setup WiFi Extender via an Ethernet Cable and WPS?
The Linksys WiFi extender can be set up via two different methods. They are manual(Ethernet Cable) and WPS method. Most experts prefer the manual WiFi extender setup method as WPS functionality is limited to fewer extender models.
Setup Linksys Extender via Ethernet Cable
- Unbox your Linksys extender setup carefully.
- Plug-in your Linksys range extender to an electric power outlet near to your existing home WiFi router.
- Wait for the power LED to turns solid green.
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect your Linksys extender to your router.
- Turn on your computer or laptop and run any web browser.
- Visit extender linksys com web page. Somehow, failed to visit extender linksys web page, try Linksys extender default IP 192-168-1-1
- Enter the default Linksys WiFi extender login credentials.
- Hit on the ‘Log In’ button.
- You land on the Linksys extender admin panel.
- Select the ‘Extender Mode’ to begin the setup process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to set up the device.
Once done, hit on the ‘Apply’ button to save the final changes. If you stuck somewhere while performing WiFi extender setup, then allow our experts to help you out.
How to Setup Linksys WiFi Extender Using WPS Button?
Maybe you found the afore-mentioned WiFi range extender setup a bit tricky. Don’t worry. Another method to set up WiFi extender i.e., WPS, aka, wireless protected setup method. Check-out the below-mentioned steps:
- First of all, place your Linksys WiFi range extender near to your home WiFi router.
- Turn on both the devices.
- Wait for the power LED to turn solid green.
- After that, press the WPS button present on your WiFi range extender’s side or back panel.
- After that, unplug the device and place it to a new location.
- Please turn on your desktop or laptop and run any web browser on it.
- Visit extender linksys web page to test the internet connection.
Linksys Extender Setup Using Web-based WPS button
This option further provides you three options:
1. WPS Button
First, you have to log in to your range extender by visiting extender.linksys.com and then go to WPS Button. After that, you will need to find the WPS button on your Linksys extender and press it once to begin the WiFi Setup procedure. Now enable the check box next to the WPS button.
2. Using the WPS PIN
If your Linksys WiFi extender contains a WPS PIN, visit the Linksys web-based extender setup page and enter the PIN in the second field.
3. Using Router’s PIN
On the off chance, if your link sys extender asks for your router’s PIN, then just like the previous point, visit the Linksys web-based extender setup page and enter the router’s PIN in the third field of the page.
In any case, if you face any issues, restore the factory set Linksys Extender Setup Using Web-based WPS button tings of your Linksys extender and try again. Moreover, for any problem regarding the configuration of the range extender, feel free to contact customer care.
The Most Common Linksys Extender Issues
- Problems while configuring the range extender
- Network and connection errors
- extender.linksys.com not working
- Unable to connect to extender 192-168-1-1 Login Issues
- Issues with installation and configuration
- IP confliction-related technical problems
- Issues while creating a Linksys cloud account
- Firewall security error messages
- Failed to connect to Linksys extender setup-XXX
- Can’t find the default password for login
- Slow performance of WiFi device
- Overlapping of IP address
- Network driver problems
- The WiFi network is sluggish.
- Incorrect Linksys extender login credentials
- Cannot find the default IP address of the extender
If you face any of these above-mentioned Linksys extender setup issues, feel free to ask for assistance from our highly experienced and talented WiFi extender advisor anytime. Interact with our professionals. Moreover, you can interact with our experts through live chat support.
Failed to Access Linksys Extender Login Page
Linksys extender setup login web page allows you to install your new range extender and to access the settings of configured one. At times, users face some issues while accessing the Linksys range extender setup web page. If you are facing too, then don’t worry. We have the solution to fix it.
Following are the most common errors that restrict user to access Linksys extender setup login web page:
- Linksys extender doesn’t connect to the router.
- WiFi network fails to connect to any device.
- Failed to connect to Linksys extender setup-XXX SSID network.
- Linksys WiFi range extender is connected to router but failed to detect the internet.
Before to begin the troubleshooting measures, ensure that you have tired to accessing web-based Linksys WiFi extender setup page using the default IP 192.168.1.1 or via extender.linksys.com web address.
Consider the following section to fix the afore-mentioned errors while accessing the Linksys extender setup login web page. So, let’s begin with it.
Troubleshooting: Unable to Access Linksys Range Extender Web Page
Check if your device is connected to Linksys extender setup-xxx network
- Make sure that your desktop or laptop is connected to Linksys extender xxx network.
- To avoid issues during Linksys WiFi extender setup process, ensure that you have connected your extender to router via an ethernet cable.
Reboot your Linksys WiFi extender
- Disconnect your Linksys WiFi extender from connected WiFi enabled devices.
- Unplug your Linksys range extender from the main power supply.
- Wait for a few minutes, and then plug back your Linksys WiFi range extender.
- Let the extender’s power LED turns solid green.
- Now, retry to connect your desktop or laptop to the extended network and try to access Linksys range extender setup web page again.
Relocate your WiFi range extender
It is important to understand that position and placement of WiFi range extender and router means a lot in deliver strong wireless network. If you have placed your WiFi extender in the corner or the basement, then might be you doesn’t receive proper WiFi signal. Try to place your WiFi extender at the center location and position it above 7-8 feet the ground level. You can find the best place via using Linksys ‘Spot Finder’ technology.
Bring Your Linksys Extender Back to Default Factory Settings
Resetting your Linksys extender will restore your device’s back to default restore settings. Once reset, then you need to run the Linksys extender setup process again. Consider the below-mentioned steps to reset Linksys WiFi range extender:
- Turn on your Linksys extender.
- Locate the reset hole and press the button with the help of a paper pin clip.
- Wait for the power LED turns solid green. Thus, your Linksys WiFi range extender reset successfully.
- After resetting your Linksys extender, you have to access Linksys extender setup to reconfigure the device.
Upgrade Firmware for your Linksys WiFi Extender
Firmware is security software for your WiFi extender, which keeps your range extender’s login access protected. You need to keep your firmware to be upgraded to the latest version. Here are a few steps to upgrade firmware for your Linksys extender.
- Begin with opening your web browser and log in to your Linksys extender web-based set up portal extender.linksys.com with the username and password assigned to you.
- Once you reach the interface of Linksys web-based screen extender.linksys.com , find the firmware update option and click on it to start the firmware updating process.
- Just keep in mind that you don’t have to interrupt or disconnect the process; otherwise, your firmware will be corrupted.
- Keep updating your firmware to fix bugs, get new and smooth functionality to your extender, and increase your extender’s performance.
- It will also help maintain a strong network by preventing the dropping of WiFi signals.
Various Models of Linksys Range Extender
There is a series of the Linksys WiFi range Extender models from which you can choose the best one according to your requirements.
Linksys Extender RE7000 is one of the best range extender available in this age, which supports both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bandwidth. It can use both bandwidths to using Cross-band technology which ultimately covers all the dead network zones under its 7500 square feet coverage area.
This extender comes with two antennas covering all the dead network zones under its 4300 square feet coverage area, providing speed upto 1200 MegaBytes per Second.
Linksys Extender Setup RE6300 is also able to use both 2.4 GHz and 5GHz bandwidth simultaneously. Its 2.4 GHz band can provide an internet speed of upto 300 MegaBytes per second, and the 5 GHz band can reach the rate of 867 Mbps. Its coverage area is also a maximum of 10,000 square feet.
This model of Linksys Extender Setup is very similar to the previous model and has all the qualities of RE6700. The additional feature in this model is its SpotFinder technology, which helps find the dead spots and cover them with its 10,000 square feet coverage area.